Please follow the installation instructions below.
Be sure to watch the entire video and follow all directions.
The default PIN for this device is 3333.
Most common installation errors
- Too much sky - the road-facing camera should be adjusted slightly downward to capture more road than sky. This will record more relevant images AND help with the ADAS functionality.
- Not enough Driver - the cabin-facing camera, whether enabled or not, should be adjusted downward so the entire head and torso of the Driver is captured. Otherwise the AI will not function effectively.
- Forget to (re-)calibrate - if any adjustment to the camera is made, it will need to be (re-)calibrated so the internal sensors will properly capture events like harsh braking, etc.
Note: the Vehicle needs to be turned off and on a level surface in order to calibrate correctly.
- The Vehicle that the Camera is installed into must exist in Navistream
- If the camera's box was NOT labelled with the Vehicle's ID, OR the Camera was installed in a different Vehicle than it was labeled for, you MUST contact our Support Desk with the Camera / Vehicle paring information so the necessary association can be made
Note: Cameras can be identified by their Asset Tag (CAM-XXXX), S/N or IMEI sticker on the camera body
- Peel off the screen protector (x1) and lens protector films (x3)
Enabling Enhanced Features
After installation, in order to set up the road-facing Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) features, the following information needs to be provided to our Support Desk:
Note: accurate measurements are important, otherwise the system may generate false positives
- the Camera height from the ground
- the rear axle width, measured from the outer edges of each tire
- the offset distance from the center line of the windshield to the road-facing camera lens